Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Finished I Finished!!!!

I’m so excited to finally be finished with my painting. It is the first large painting that I’ve completed. I spent so much time with it I kind of can’t grasp the idea of not working on it tomorrow. I’ve had several problems while painting this, one of the largest problems was Joan’s face, I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve repainted it. I’ve had problem with every aspect of her face, but the biggest turn around point was when my friend pointed out that I gave her basically a Jay Leno jaw line so I brought it up considerably from the original place. Other things about this painting, it has two focal point Joan, and the big yellow patch in the upper right corner, which is supposed be light representing god. Joan of arc had this special communication with god and I wanted to try and recreate that in the painting. The main colors of the painting are yellow, blue and purple. I picked them because yellow and blue always reminded me of France, and purple because it is associated with royalty and since Joan of Arc lead her army to drive English out of Reims so that Charles VII could be crowned. I’m sure there is other things I could say about this painting but right now I’m so excited about it be done I can’t think of anything else to add.






2 comments: